Saturday, June 19, 2010

Creating Stuff...


Recently, I made my own instrument. It's not much to look at, but, there's something to say about building something out of miscellaneous hardware and using it to make noise.
That brings me to this. In the past few months, I've started to find where I want to be, musically. It's something I seem to be good at doing. Effects, clanging, electronics, small mixers, playing small venues with like-minded people. This is where I want to be. I'm past the point where I can make money doing this, but, that's OK. I know now it's for the art of it.
There's a certain freedom, a freedom of choice, if you will. I've collaborated with some fantastic musicians, there is also the option to lay your soul bare, just you, and your weapons of choice, taking you in different directions, until, finally you reach that feedback destination.
I hope, in the coming months, to further explore these sonic possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment